Sunday, February 22, 2015

A world full of strangers - A note of gratitude

I lost my phone at 3a.m of 15/3/2015 in Don Mueang airport, Thailand. I was honestly flustered. Scared. Panicked. It's fairly difficult as it is to communicate with people as many of them don't speak very fluent english. I was very thankful to god that day that I managed to stay calm and patient.

But most of all... I am thankful to all the strangers around me. The security lady who kindly helped point out the directions I should go to find the airport's police. The nice stewardess who just got off work, who gracefully help me translate every word I say to a security guard that has almost zero clue of what I'm saying.

And also to the two kind, and beautiful stranger that stayed with me through the ordeal. Thank you sir for lending me your phone to contact people, without a single thread of doubt. Thank you for allowing me to call. And to the lady, who faithfully translated me for the policeman. Thank you to the professional policemen who also helped me through it all.

Although my phone is a lost hope, I am very thankful to these kind strangers. I don't know you, but you lend me a helping hand anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment