Monday, December 5, 2011

Boyce Avenue - When The Lights Die



Boyce Avenue and the rest of the crew on When The Lights Die: click here
When The Lights Die music video : click here

My story :


my story here is almost significant to Fabian's, "if you keep leaving, what happens if the lights goes off?". I initially took the picture above randomly for a BA fan project, the dimly lit fire and the dark background, for me, it resembles the whole song. But then I haven't got a story for it at that time... yet.

Last night, while lying in bed thinking and thinking, my head is always full, suddenly this picture popped up in my head while i'm listening to BA's cover of "Firework". then I started thinking again, it has got to have a story for it. I feel incomplete. After a while, a light bulb lit up, too bad I don't have any writing tools at the moment but I remembered.

In this life, I'd be lying if I told you I hadn't go through any problems with anyone, backstabs, heartaches, broken hearts, all those negative stuff, its impossible not to go through one at all. So from all these problems came an inspiration to me. although my story doesn't entirely resemble what Fabian has in mind, but this is MY story. Imagine the fire in the picture as hope and will. For each time someone let you down, for each time someone did something bad towards you, if you are not strong enough, one way or another, you will slowly lose hope. The negative things will be the icy cold water. IF the fire burns out, your dimly lit world will slowly disappear into dark, cold and flat nothingness. If you keep pouring water onto the fire, what's going to happen when all the lights die? are you going to stand strong and work harder to stay alive? or are you going to quit and die just like the fire?

In this world, no matter how much life has let you down, no matter how much, you have to fight to keep this fire going, don't let it be extinguished. Look around you, there are people, imagine them as sickness and medication. Sickness will bring you down, but medication will help you go through these sickness. FIND the medication. Don't let the lights die, keep it alight. FIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment