Sunday, November 16, 2014

I'm starving!

Since I'm hungry, and I've also found some food pictures on my laptop, I'll let you in on some things I've been working on very recently..................... and also, my sole purpose... To make you hungry too ;)

So recently, I've worked with a bunch of students from Institut Teknologi Brunei (ITB) for their project entitled the "Kuali Brunei", literally translated to the "Bruneian Pan". Pan as in the cooking pan, not Peter Pan. I am so funny. Anyway, they asked me to take youtube styled cooking videos. I gotta admit I am not happy with my outcome, but I'll put up links for you anyway because I am kind like that. Anyways, here are some pictures.

Ayam masak Kicap (Chicken stir fried with soy sauce)

Sambal Cacah Ambuyat (Ambuyat's chilli paste dip)

Pais Daging. (I don't know what this is in English. Seems like grilled beef wrapped in banana leaves)

Ikan masak Kari (Guess........ can you guess it? Curry fish head. duh)

I dunno the malay name, but this is prawn stir fried in chilli.


So.. I'm not sure how many of you have the general knowledge that there are very little online/offline/book resources there are in Brunei. So the students' goal in this project is to basically raise awareness... and to make people cook more, I guess? It will be a shame if these amazing food goes extinct. So to overcome the extinction issue, they designed a website to make the unavailable to become available. (The web is not available for the public unfortunately).

What do you suggest that we can do to stop these super-amazing-stuff-that-can-keep-me-away-from-the-brink-of-starvation-kind-of food from going extinct? Or on a less drastic note, what do you think we can do to at least make the very original and rich flavour to not be altered too much? 

On that note, your starving writer shall sign off and wait for her flight to take off now.

No comments:

Post a Comment