Tuesday, July 10, 2012

First debate match in 2012

We had our first debate match this year yesterday! it was sorta exciting AND nerve wrecking, I've left english debate for more than a year and a half. that doesn't count the malay debate!! haha anyway, we lost a match yesterday morning... mainly I thought because I screwed up a little and lost my confidence at the reply speech.......... unfortunately! :/ and the afternoon match was cancelled due to a wee bit of mix up and postponed to next week. so, three more matches to go! :)

in the prep room preparing for our first debate: "Television kills relationship"


Isyrah standing, May, me and Yu Neng at the back

Yu Neng

May








Faiz, May and Yu Neng jotting down stuff

me, May and Isyrah's head. haha 

In action: May speaking, me and Yu Neng thinking up rebuttals

the MS team in action, they did impressively well ;) and they were super duper friendly and sweet, believe me! it was a good match against them, rebuttals everywhere! haha it's a funniest and weirdest match I've experienced

teacher Jun, Khai and Zai


going into the debate room
Khai and Zai discussing

Khai and Zai

Teacher Jun and Faiz

Maydelyn, me and Yu Neng in action

I must've said something funny at this point! LOL

the chairperson and timekeeper from first match, both from MS... I think :S


head judge giving out result

group photo with the whole team

guess who we met? THIS is all three of the speakers from SMSB debate team the 2011 intake. only ones missing were Izzati, Farhanna and Mizah.
so from left to right: Sera, Ismah and me

back to the prep room for match number 2: "A House Without A Pet Is Not A Home"

literally our only tools

in deep discussion: Faiz and May


Isyrah, Faiz and May

Sera

May

Yu Neng and Faiz rocking

bottles! haha


timekeeper and chairperson all the way from PTE Katok

PTE Katok team



Yu Neng, looking super serious!

Cg Raja and Ms Fleur

Khai, Ernah and Zai

Ms Fleur, Sera and May, ready to leave the school




that's all peeps! catch up soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment