Saturday, December 14, 2013

LEAD ASEAN Youth Summit Day 2 - Part 1 (Excursion trip) 4/12/13

On the second day, first on our schedule is the *drumrolls* excursion trip! delegates were given the opportunity to choose one of three exposure trips, namely to the GawadKalinga(GK) Enchanted Farm, Nuvali, or the Ayala Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art and Design (MCAD). and I chose to go to the GK Enchanted Farm (it's a university village, farm) and I have absolutely zero regrets! ;) It was such a heartwarmingly amazing place.




Our day, for the GK trip, starts at 6.30. Look at the amount of excitement!



The high rise buildings of Makati


Photo fail, but hey, look at my sexy canon ;) :P


The place we are headed to is in Bulachan and this street seems to be the only way we could reach there. On our way, we see the amazing 4000m long Peace Mural founded and done by ms Honey (we spoke about her in the previous post, the founder of Teach Peace Build Peace). She did this with hundreds of volunteers together with random passers by. 




hold your breath people


Here's a part of the Enchanted farm. It's one of the main buildings! and you could say it's eco-friendly! ;)

okay, you can exhale now :p





Pretty Amar (Brunei) and Mimi (Indonesia)


Scud of Philipines



Founder of the farm, Tony Melotto :-)

Tony opened up the village as a way to elevate poverty in Philippines by providing employment, while ensuring the poor's children to get educated

The GK people are so inspiring. Basically, many of them gave up almost everything to lift poverty. They gave up their money, their dreams, and their planned future. The founder said: "You cannot build a nation without sacrifice. Because of all of you, we have unearthed the genius of the poor, we have engaged both the public and private sector, we are creating shared value and leaving no one behind. This is the GK Way."

I'll probably write another post on them, a separate post. but if you're eager to know, head here.


They had these hanging around their building, the orb-like structure is made of unwanted plastic cups.



our tour guy



They have a piggery. I've never seen pigs in real life, so... I'm pretty amused. haha


But amusement aside... I shouldn't be that amused should I? 


People of the community





The curiosity in his eyes :)



The bamboo palace in GK, it's so beautiful


the aqua farm in front of the palace


stairways in the palace


Mountains. Have I told you I have this weird obsession with mountains?





LUNCH TIME!!!

such homey food :-)


THERE'S A KITTYYYYY


some of the kids from the area.


Ian with "Apple D"


They produce their own brand plush toys. bags, shirts. they were all amazing. I bought two toys ;)


This is Fabien, the founder of the plush toys. 

something funny happened.

Jeric: let's meet Fabien. guessing from his name, do you know where he's from?
me: Fabian? oh. he's Spanish right? (I muttered rather confidently)
Jeric: what was it you said?
me: (whisper: crap) oh. I said he's Spanish?
Ian: no, he's French


I said to myself: My Fabian Manzano dreams are crushed. hahaha!


I honestly thought he was Spanish! :( hahahaah


sewing machine demo


Asyraf got a giant banana doll!


This is a banana scandal


No comments:

Post a Comment