Sunday, December 15, 2013

LEAD ASEAN Youth Summit #WhatIfWednesday Entry

I think I've mentioned this in my first post of day 1 of the summit that there's always a theme for photo uploads or posts. (check out all our posts through the hashtag #youth4ASEAN)

This is my entry for 4/12/13 #WhatIfWednesday theme. the theme is simple "What If".

It was at the GK Enchanted Farm. So I caught three children on my way to the main building, I walk slowly, as per usual. The guys are going off to the main building to fetch their wallets anyway, I had mine already so I had no problem not following them, so don't get me wrong. haha :)

Anyway, I caught three kids in the middle of their game. They saw me and one of them ran towards me to give me a high five. I swear that's the cutest thing you'll ever see. She then called me over to their place. We talked a little, how old they were, the names. We just talked a little. They are so full of energy and enthusiasm.

Then I asked, if I could take their photos. They said yes. Without much hesitation, they striked me with one of the most beautiful smiles ever.



I took one look. Took the second look. And I look again. And I told myself, "this photo tells so much story". And instantly, I knew this photo fits in for the #WhatIfWednesday theme.


So my entry is: #youth4asean #WhatIfWednesday what if... one day, everyone can achieve their dreams... together? small actions when accumulated can contribute to a big change... Let's try to make a difference one step at a time, put some smiles on the faces of some amazing children that are hoping for a chance to learn, and a chance to dream. 
caption inspired by: link

At times, I tell myself, my caption entry does very little justice to the photo. GK, you guys amaze me! Your big dream is beautiful.


What I learnt at GK, their motto(or mission). It's something like "you are not truly happy until your happiness is shared by everyone else around you". Their main aim is to elevate poverty, so that their happiness can too, be shared by the less fortunate.


There are so many ways you can be rich. Often people see that if you own many materialistic stuff, you are rich. But here at GK, you are only rich when your heart is the heart of gold.



No comments:

Post a Comment